Chủ Nhật, 16 tháng 3, 2008

The 3 matters

Matters, there are a lot. But the matters that I can candle, or somehow, help a little bit without any commercial purpose in the position of a designer probably are:

1. Cultural values: When discussing about this term, I completely don’t mention about superstitious or something like “children have to do what their parents say”, “can not discuss about sex or having sex before marriage” or “women have to stay at home” as Vietnamese people used to do and think. Cultural values, as its mean of “culture”- which is from the past and “value”- the thing that is valuable, help people living better and being proud of, are traditional clothes, art works, songs, history and bright Vietnamese personality such as brave, helpful and friendly….

2. Teenagers: There are three main terms I would like to concern about on this matter: education (which is not only knowledge but also life-style, humanity…) and psychology/ mental process. The way Vietnamese adult looking at and educating their young children should be changed to be able to catch up with the fast growth of the country as well as the children’s minds and the globalization.

3. Anime, cartoon, movie: Mentioning these 3 issues, people immediately think of entertainment and commercial purpose. In fact, it’s what happening in Vietnam, and it becomes the matter, at least my matter! Anime and cartoon industry doesn’t really exist in Vietnam. Movie industry is lightly starting up, but in a very commercial way and doesn’t gain any peak or doesn’t really success. When saying I will put effort on them, I didn’t think of money for ahead (but in case, there is a success, I may gain some for my further purposes). What I care is helping starting a valuable industry that has forgotten or never appeared in Vietnam for long…

These 3 matters, if I may call, are all connected together. It sounds like a big due to be able to involve in all those matters, but actually while I’m supporting this one, I’m getting into the others. In explain, while working volunteering for the third matter, I’m involving to the other 2 matters.

Why?

The movies, anime or cartoons I make would not be commercial purpose that has no meaning at all (even though the commercial issue is not completely forgotten). It should be involve to social issues such as teenagers’ mental process, globalization or culture values… And there is no way to express an idea to people’s minds, especially teenagers as fast as movies, cartoon or anime. To tell the truth, I know culture and history of Korea and Japan better than of Vietnam. They did a very good job in popularize their values! By popularize them, they are keeping these values from disappearing from the globalization.

Follow them, learn them!

Không có nhận xét nào: